This article explains how to manage the Events for a specific mobile App in your account.
Event management is a key feature enabling you to create and manage timed or generic events.
- Timed Events allow you to measure and record events in your application along with the duration of the event.
- Generic Events are like Timed Events, in that they allow you to measure and record events in your application, but without a specified duration.
Events must be defined in your app before they will display in the App47 dashboard, see Configuring for App section of the Wiki for instructions on how to configure events in your App.
Analyzing Event Data
- Under the Analyze selection in the header banner, navigate to the Events tab.
- Select a private app from the For app drop down selection.
- Select the event that you wish to monitor in the For app dropdown menu.
- Next select whether or not to show by Event Count or by Duration.
- Next you can drill down further by selecting to view by any of the following:
- OS version
- App version.
- Click the date field to select a date range.
- The chart and reports will automatically update based on your selection.
- Hover on the chart data datapoints for additional details.
- Scroll the entire page to see all details for the Event.
How to Zoom In View of Event Data
To zoom in on a specific area of a chart
- Place your mouse on the chart at the start date.
- Click your mouse and drag it to the end date.
- Release the mouse.
- The report will automatically zoom in on the data for that date range.
To reset the zoom to the original date range
- Click Reset Zoom in the top right of the chart.
How to View Details of the Event
To see granular details of your report from the chart view.
- Hover over the datapoint on the chart above the date you would like to see more detail.
- Details will automatically display for that date.