The following page is an example onboarding experience for an iOS user invited to the store via email where the account has configured an iOS container. This will happen for local, AD and LDAP users.
The User Onboarding Experience for iOS
The emails sent from your account can be modified to suit your needs and branding scenario.
- Once the user clicks the link, they will be asked to download the container to get started.
- After downloading (using the Download button), and, upon completion, will click Install.
- The install will start in the background. The user should then click on the Home button on the device to find the installed iOS container.
- The user must run the app to continue to the next step.
- The user will start the authentication process by entering their email address
- Click on the Next button.
- If the user has a password or passphrase, they will be asked to enter it.
- If the username and passphrase/password are correct, they will see the authenticated screen. In order to enable the iOS security features, the user will need to enroll their device with the system.
- To start the next phase of the process, the user muct click on the “Enroll your device!” to get started.
- A number of screens will appear through the process, resulting in the final profile installed screen.
- At the end of the enrollment process, the user will click the Done button.
Installed App Store
- Click the home button and the newly installed app store as well as a status app will be present on your home screen.
- The container based app store will give the user access to their apps:
- Where the status view will give the current status of that registered device:
This app can be deleted at any time, please follow the instructions on the status view to delete the profile from your device. It will not affect the status of the customer's device.