In this page, we'll show you how to view, resend, and delete Notifications sent either by the system or using the notification administrator UI.
This section is managed by the “AppStore Settings - Notifications” permission. Members who have the following privileges
None - Cannot see this view, nor the menu option.
View - Can preview notifications already sent and perform searches.
Edit - Can resend notifications, and view emails.
Manage - Can perform operations of Edit and View as well as create, update and delete notification templates.
How to Access Filter Notifications
There are three ways to filter notifications:
Click in the Users drop-down bar and select either All Users or Home Videos.
Click in the States drop-down bar and select one of the options listed below:
Click in the Search bar and search for a specific notification by subject.
There are three actions in the notification Actions column:
Resend Notification -
to resend a notification.
Delete Notification -
|to delete a notification.|
Preview Notification -
|to view the content of the notification.|
Templates are used to generate the actual notification sent to users or members by first replacing variables in the template.
There are two types of templates, System and Custom.
How to Create a Custom Template
Custom templates are one-time-use templates that can be customized with a layout that best fits your needs for the notification.
- To create a custom template first click on the green Templates button and select the Custom tab.
- Click on the Add Template button which will bring you to the CREATE CUSTOM TEMPLATE page.
- On this page, provide the following information:
- A title for your notification.
- The address from which the the notification is being sent.
- A Reply to address. This is the address to which a user would reply after being sent the notification.
- Any users to whom the notification is being sent (you can select Add All or Clear All to add or clear all users you have selected)
- Any groups which will receive this notification (you can select Add All or Clear All to add or clear all groups you have selected)
- A subject or topic for the notification.
- (Note: It is optional to provide a subject.)
- A message (longer than the subject) which this notification will display to users. This message text can include HTML tags, though will not require them.
- (Note: It is optional to provide message text.)
- To complete the process for creating a custom notification:
- If you want to check your notification as a receiver, press Send Test. (Note: The test will be sent to the address you are creating the template with.)
- If you want to send you notification immediately rather than later, press Send Now.
- If you are satisfied with your template and wish to use the notification at a later time, click on the Save button to save your changes.
- Otherwise, click on the Cancel button to discard changes.
System templates are premade notifications that only require sending to be used. To use a system template, first click on the green Templates button and select the System tab.
Actions (For System Templates)
- Preview Template - this allows you to view a template. Though the formatting may be slightly off.
- Send Test Message - this allows you to test your notification and make sure everything is correct before sending it off.
- Copy Template - this allows you to copy a template and make adjustments.
Once you have copied the System Template, you can now edit it by clicking on the pencil icon ().
Clicking on the pencil icon () will bring you to the EDIT SYSTEM EMAIL TEMPLATE page.
Here, you can change the Name, Subject, and Template HTML.
If you are unsatisfied with your new template, you can edit it or click Cancel.
If you want to check your notification as a receiver, press Send test email. (The test will be sent to the address you are creating the template with.)
If you are satisfied with your template, press Save.