In the Logs section you can analyze detailed logs for your privately developed mobile apps that have App47's API embedded in them. Please see instructions for your appropriate platform on how to send log messages from the embedded agent in your mobile App.
Analyzing Log Data
How to View your Logs
- Under the Analyze selection in the header banner, navigate to the Logs tab.
- Select a private app from the For app drop down to view or manage its Logs.
- Simple search area - search by term and date range.
- Advanced search area - search using advanced search criteria based on individual log components.
- Crash and error log profile - For the default view only, a profile of crash and error logs by app version and model. Showing current rates, trends and growth rates over the selected time frame.
- Log list - List of log entries that match the selected criteria.
- Log detail - A selected log entry can be expanded to show all the details for that log message.
- Select the search field.
- Enter search term you are looking for in your logs.
- Either hit return, or select a date range using the date range to the right of the search field.
- The list of matching logs will be displayed based on your search.
- Click on the Advanced Search link immediately below the simple search field.
- Use the search term area to find the log entries and filter deeper using the “AND” filtering. In other words, it will find log entries that match all the criteria specified in your search.
- Any of these words: - find log entries that match any of the words listed in this field.
- This exact phrase: - find log entries that match this exact phrase
- Not these words: - exclude log entries that match any of the words listed in this field.
- Log Level: - select a log level (Debug, Info, Warn, Error, Crash) to limit the search results.
- Manufacturer: - select a device manufacturer to limit the search results.
- Platform: - select a platform (iOS, Android, RIMM) to limit the search results.
- OS Version: - select an OS Version to limit the search results.
- Model: - select a device model to limit the search results.
- App Version: - select an App version to limit the search results.
- Number of rows: - select the number of rows to limit the search by.
- Click the “Search” button.
- With either the default view, or a custom search result, the list of matching logs are listed in a collapsed, or summary form. Click the small triangle on the left side of the log entry to expand it and view the full log details.
- Click the small triangle again to collapse the detailed view.