In this page, we'll show you how to view, resend, and delete Notifications sent either by the system or using the notification administrator UI.
This section is managed by the “AppStore Settings - Notifications” permission. Members who have the following privileges
None - Cannot see this view, nor the menu option.
View - Can preview notifications already sent and perform searches.
Edit - Can resend notifications, and view emails.
Manage - Can perform operations of Edit and View as well as create, update and delete notification templates.
There are three ways to filter notifications.
You can click in the Users drop down bar and select either All Users or Home Videos.
You can click in the States drop-down bar and select one of the options. They are All States, Sent, Scheduled, and Failed.
You can click in the Search bar and search for a specific notification by subject.
There are three actions in the notification Actions column. Resend Notification, Delete Notification, and Preview Notification.
- Resend Notification - resend a notification.
- Delete Notification - delete a notification.
- Preview Notification - view the content of the notification before it is sent out.
Templates are used to generate the actual notification sent to users or members by first replacing variables in the template.
There are two types of templates. They are Custom and System.
How to Create and Use a Custom Template
Custom templates are one-time-use only templates that you can design a notification layout that best fits your needs for the notification.
- To create a custom template first click on the green Templates button and select the Custom tab.
- Next, click on the Add Template button which will bring you to the CREATE CUSTOM TEMPLATE page.
- To create a custom template you must put the following information in the boxes.
- Template Name - what you want to title your notification
- From: - the address the notification is being sent from
- Reply to - the address that one would reply after being sent the notification
- Send to Users - the users the notification is being sent to (you can select Add All or Clear All to add or clear all users you have selected)
- Send to Groups - the groups the notification is being sent to (you can select Add All or Clear All to add or clear all groups you have selected)
- Subject - the topic of the notification
- Message Text (HTML or simple text is allowed) - this space is where you can write Mark Down for your notification
- Subject and Message Text are optional when creating a template)
- If you are unsatisfied with your template, you can edit it or select the Cancel button.
- If you are satisfied with your template, click on the Save buttonto use it later.
- If you want to check your notification as a receiver, press Send Test. (The test will be sent to the address you are creating the template with.)
- If you want to send you notification immediately, press Send Now.
Actions (For Custom Templates)
- Edit Template - make changes to your template.
- Delete Template - delete a custom template.
How to Create and Use a System Template
System templates are pre-made Notifications that just need a notification and you to press Send.
- To use a system template, first click on the green Templates button and select the System tab.
- Once you have copied the System Template, you can now edit it by clicking on the Edit System Email Template icon ().
- Here, you can change the Name, Subject, and Template HTML.
- If you are unsatisfied with your new template, you can edit it or click on the Cancel button.
- If you want to check your notification as a receiver, press Send test email. (The test will be sent to the address you are creating the template with.)
- If you are satisfied with your template, press Save.
Actions (For System Templates)
- Preview Template - this allows you to view a template. Though the formatting may be slightly off.
- Send Test Message - this allows you to test your notification and make sure everything is correct before sending it off.
- Copy Template - this allows you to copy a template and make adjustments.
- Edit System Email Template - brings you to the EDIT SYSTEM EMAIL TEMPLATE page, where you can change the system email.