This article explains how to set up a registered device for the GE Healthcare POC.
Registered Devices Setup
This feature was added to support the GE Healthcare POC, it is not available in any other environment.
Before a user can register a device, the device information must first be entered into the Available Devices area.
If the available device information is not entered prior to the user registering, the user will be notified the device is not authorized and to contact support.
You are able to add these devices to your groups. This article explains that process.
The list of available devices and their current status
There are three ways to search for a specific registered device:
You can use the Drop-down Box and select either All, Active, or Inactive.
You can use the Search Bar to find a registered device by name.
You can scroll through the registered devices list one at a time until you find the one you are looking for.
- When creating a new available device or editing an existing one be sure to input the Serial Number and State in the form.
- When finished, click on the Save button.
By associating this device to one or more groups, the user that activates this device through he registration process will be given access to the groups identified in this form. This in turn will give the user access to the applications associated with the selected groups going forward.
Note: At this time, the association of the user to group during registration is a one-time event, meaning if the available device group assignment is changed, then only future registrations will be affected. Previously registered users will remain the same.
- To change the status of an available device, click the link listed in the table to show the available device, then user either the Activate or Deactivate button.
- If a device is active, you can make it inactive by pressing the Make Inactive button.
- If a device is inactive, you can make it active by pressing the Make Active button.
- Under the USERS WHO HAVE REGISTERED THIS DEVICE header is a list of all users who have registered the device, their registered emails, and when they registered with the device.
- If you make a device inactive, all of the users who are registered with the device will have their user devices made inactive.
- To set a member up to only have access to registered devices, please following the steps below.
- First add the member to portal by logging into the portal as admin and navigate to Account -> Members.
- Click the Add Member button on the right.
- Add a name, email and optionally a note to the new member.
- Once complete, you'll be returned to the member's list page, click the permissions action button for the new user ().
- On the new member's screen, the only option that should be available for the user is the Registered Devices Permission should be set to one of the following options:
- Admin - Full access to registered devices to create, delete, update and view registered devices.
- Edit - Access to view and update existing registered devices.
- View - View registered device information.
- None - No access.
Please sign in to leave a comment.