This page serves as the setup and documentation source for the eCommerce account in the GE Health Care POC Dedicated environment.
GE Health Care POC Setup
Currently, the eCommerce account is set up with a test account for Recurly, which means that the user onboarding, user account setup, and credit card verification and purchase CAN be tested, it must be done with the credit card numbers listed below. Personal (or real) credit cards will not usable until the Recurly account is setup with a real merchant account.
eStore APK Download
The eStore capability starts by installing the APK container. The APK is linked to the eCommerce account in the dedicate stack and allows customers to self register as well as manage their credit card information.
Please note this is hosted on a CDN to reduce the network time for remote users, thus decreasing the time to download the container.
Once the container is installed on an android device, and the app store is opened, the user will be asked to register with the app store:
Once the user user fills in the form with all the information, the device will be registered against the known available device.
The user will be given access to the app store with four tabs:
Available Apps - List of available apps for that user.
Purchased - Apps that have been purchased by that user.
Subscriptions - Any subscriptions, purchased through the in app API, for that user.
My Info - Manage password, credit card information and get a support email and phone number.
GE Health Care POC Tabs
List of all available apps for this user.
Apps that have been purchased by this user.
Subscriptions that have been purchased by this user through an app supporting the in app purchase API.
The My Info tab allows the user to log out, change their password, or set their credit card information.
For a user to log out, they will need to:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Logout button.
- The user will be challenged with a confirmation to logout, if they click yes, the local user information will be removed from the app, however the user is NOT removed from the system.
At the top of the page is a “Change password” button, the user will be challenged for their current password and allowed to change their password in one form.
Click “Submit to change the password”
Credit Card Info
Note: During testing, please use the following credit card numbers from Recurly to test the user experience of purchasing an application through the app store. Once we go live with a production Recurly account, these numbers will not work.
- From the my-info tab, click on the Update button to update the credit card information, the user will first be challenged with their password.
- If correct, they will then be allowed to enter their CC information.
- Click on Update when done and the credit card will be verified.
- For testing purposes only, (almost) any name, address and three digit verification code will work with the test credit card numbers.