The CTCT App Store is designed to work on the Caterpillar Trimble Control Technologies LLC device. While the CAC App Store requires username and password authentication, the CTCT App Store works differently and authorization to applications is based on the build number provided by Trimble.
To accomplish correct authentication, a group hierarchy is created to map to specific build names as well as provide an "All Capability" for the CTCT app stores.
Navigate to "App Store" then "Groups".
You should see a group hierarchy support the CTCT App Store
Access to apps will depend on which group it is placed in.
- CTCT - Both Caterpillar and Trimble devices will see apps in this group
- CTCT/TD520_Cat - Only Caterpillar devices will see these apps.
- CTCT/TD520_Trimble - Only Trimble devices will see these apps.
Please review the group documentation on how to fully administer groups.
Since "users" with passwords are not created via the CTCT App Store, registration and security is provided through "Registered Devices".
Navigate to "ECOMMERCE" then "Registered Devices"
In CTCT use case, Registered Devices DO NOT need to be created before access, they are automatically created when the device is first used by the end user on the CTCT device.
Disabling Registered Device
To prevent a device for further access the App Store, DO NOT delete the device, as it will automatically add itself back in the next time the App Store is used. Instead disable the device to prevent it from further access the App Store. This can be achieved one of two ways.
Edit the device
- Click the "Edit" icon from the main view.
- Select Inactive For the state
- Click Save
Show the device
- Click the Serial Number link from the main view.
- Click the "Make Inactive" button at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm the action.