Updating the user interface for your eStore is a useful support to your branding. With EAS V3, you are able to take advantage of many new features, like an editable style for your users and adding apps to the Getting Started list.
The migration does not cost any extra money, and you are able to perform this migration in phases, so as not to suddenly change the UI for all users.
This article describes our recommended procedure for switching to UI V3.
Migrating to UI V3
- An employee of App47's Support team will need to perform the actual upgrade. If you would like to upgrade, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with that request.
Once Support has responded that you have been granted access to the new version, the following steps will help you deploy it to your users.
- Firstly, it would be best to design the UI in a way that is both aesthetically pleasing, and reminiscent of your company's style. Navigate to the Branding tab under App Store. You will find a new tab there.
- Navigate to the EAS V3 subtab.
- We do not, at this point, recommend setting either New users onboard with and Existing users use to Version 3. It would be best to keep those settings to either Version 1 or Version 2, depending which your users have been using.
- Using the CSS Styles component and the Preview button, design your new user interface. An example:
- When you are done, navigate to App Store and then Users.
- Pick select users who should see the new design, first. For each of those users, edit them and change their UI Version to Version 3.
- When this has been changed, those users will see the new version the next time that they open their store. They will not be required to download a new version, they will simply see the new UI.
- Notice that, when editing an app, you are able to add it to your list of Getting Started apps. Your users on Version 3 should see this list.
- If it would be useful, change the default starting page for your users (Home, Featured Apps, Categories, etc). This is changed through App Store, Branding, under the EAS V3 subtab.
- If you and your users viewing the new UI approve of the changes, then navigate to the EAS V3 subtab again.
- Set the New users onboard with: option to Version 3 so that any new users begin with the new UI.
- Lastly, as you find deployment working for your users, change the Existing users use: to Version 3. Users will not need to reinstall the store. They will merely be redirected to the new version.